Indonesia is home to 10-15% of all known plants, mammals and birds on the planet; and every one of them is threatened by intense deforestation. When you purchase an Indonesia bracelet, you plant 3 trees on Biak island while raising awareness about deforestation in Indonesia and its effect on both wildlife and our lives.
- Every bracelet purchased funds 3 planted trees in Indonesia and finances awareness content on social media.
- Handmade in Slovenia (EU) by members of the disabled community.
- All of the bracelet’s components are made locally.
- Carbon-neutral production.
- Nickel-free metal pendant.
- Easy to wear.
- Unisex, waterproof design.
- One size fits all: women, men or children.
- 100% adjustable – wrist size: 13-23 cm in circumference.
- Comes on a card made from recycled paper.
- Includes a tree planting certificate.
PLANT & PREVENT
Keeping trees alive is as important as planting new ones. This is why we finance awareness videos on social media, to show people what we can do to minimise the impact of deforestation in our everyday lives. Along with financing tree planting projects, we also finance the protection of our newly planted trees.
By 2012 Indonesia had surpassed the rate of deforestation in Brazil and become the fastest forest clearing nation in the world.
ALMOST HALF THE LAND HAS BEEN CLEARED
Deforested land in Borneo
“Deforestation has pushed Indonesia into the top tier emitters of global greenhouse gas emissions, alongside the United States and China.”
Orangutans are losing their home
Trees accumulate CO2 and produce oxygen for us to breathe. In Indonesia, companies burn the native forests to create palm oil plantations. Once the forest burns, it releases an unimaginable amount of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.
In 2015, devastating fires spread through Sumatra, Kalimantan and Papua. Researchers at Harvard and Columbia Universities estimate that the smoke from the 2015 Indonesian fires may have caused 100,000 premature deaths.
Your favourite chocolate brand most likely uses palm oil in its production. This is killing the forest trees and some of the most iconic animals in the world, including orangutans, Sumatran tigers and rhinos. These animals can’t defend themselves, but we can help to protect them together by purchasing an Indonesia Bracelet.